Sunday, March 6, 2016

Assalamualaikum :)

Assalamualaikum & hi there fellow readers (hehe..if there's any ;p)

YES my blog is all dusty...It's time for a comeback I suppose...The last post before the long rest from blogging was back then in April 2012 when I first introduced Humayraa...hehe...
Well Humayraa just turned 4 last week and yes there has been a new addition to the family within my 4 years of absence..hehe...Hannah Imani is the name given to Humayraa's little sister...

My hope is that my 2 girls will always be close with each other & grow up to be a mukmin & solehah..Well Hannah will be 2 insyaAllah on the 1st of September 2016...Yes I know, it shows how long I've last blogged..hehe

Well now I'm at the stage of seeing my 2 girls argue & fight over toys, chasing each other, crying when one pulls the other person's hair or take a toy away. And yes this is the stage where your patience will be tested..hehe...Im no perfect human being,I too lose my patience sometimes...
But kids nowadays are pretty smart. I suppose its true that we can no longer punish our children without explaining to them why  they are being punished in the first place..huhu..Now that Humayraa goes to pre-school, she has learnt to rationalize things...In the school where Humayraa and Hannah goes to, they would punish a child who has "commited" a mistake by asking them to face the wall..hehe..tried "implementing" the same method at home but it doesn't seem to work..huhu

There was this one time when Humayraa was with her Tok Ba (my dearest abah that is..hehe), she sort of "lodged" a cucu report to her Tok Ba about me scolding her. She said she did not like her mama because her mama  likes to scold her (Yes, that's me she was talking about :p)...And she asked her Tok Ba to tell me to stop scolding her....Adoiiilaa...I didn't know how to react..Should I laugh or just startled at what my daughter thinks of me..I can imagine her visualizing me as the "mean" mom..hehe...

Oh dear, how Humayraa has grown up...I can literally argue with her for hours..hehe...
After the "report" that Humayraa lodged to her Tok Ba, I have changed my strategy of punishing her...Although the effect is not instantaneously, I do hope that Humayraa will learn to understand why the do's and dont's..

Hannah on the other hand is a very sweet little girl..She has a very soft character...But don't be deceived by her small size...She is Mrs Don't Mess Around With Me when it comes to playing with her toys or her sister's toys for that matter..hehehe..Even Humayraa can lose to her...hehe....
Although she is not as talkative (Still in the process of building up her vocabularies,insyaAllah), she does understand what people around her are talking about..

Each and everyone of them have their own strength and weaknesses. The moral of the story is, never compare the abilities of each and every child. They are all special in their on ways. For that matter, I'm truly thankful to Allah for what I have, Alhamdulillah..May Allah bless my family and YOUR family too, aminnn :)

Toodles!


Hannah Imani's 1st birthday (1/9/2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment